|File Information||File Size||Options|
Original PDF File
Low resolution print
1217 x 2000 pixels (2.4 MP)
10.3 cm x 16.9 cm @ 300 PPI
517 x 850 pixels
4.4 cm x 7.2 cm @ 300 PPI
Full screen preview
Crop improvement, Plant breeding (varieties & hybrids)
Grain legumes, Chickpea
Asia, Eastern and Southern Africa, West and Central Africa
24 Dec 20
10 new chickpea varieties released in 2020 in collaboration with NARS
Chickpea varieties, India, Myanmar, Ethiopia, Malawi,Tanzania, Nairobi, NARS, Desi, Kabuli
Asia Program, Crop Improvement
1. ICAR – All India Coordinated Research Project on Chickpea.
2. Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU), Regional Agricultural Research Station, Nandyal, India.
3. Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth (MPKV), Rahuri, India.
4. Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya (JNKVV),Jabalpur, India.
5. Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University (RLBCAU), Jhansi, India.
6. Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya (RVSKVV) – RAK College of Agriculture, Sehore, India.
7. Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research (EIAR), Debre Zeit Agricultural Research Center (DZARC), Debre Zeit, Ethiopia.
8. Department of Agricultural Research Services (DARS)and Department of Agricultural Extension
Dr Pooran M Gaur
ICRISAT Happenings 1886-2, 24 December 2020
To meet the growing global market demand for protein-rich chickpea, scientists have created new varieties that would contribute to greater nutrition security, health and climate resilience and replace existing obsolete varieties. In 2020, despite pandemic constraints, 10 new varieties (6 desi and 4 kabuli) were released through effective collaborations with National Agricultural Research Systems in Africa and Asia. The releases have recorded many firsts in terms of innovations in South and Southeast Asia and Eastern and Southern Africa – regions that together contribute to 73% of the global chickpea production
24 Dec 20
01-No_Poverty, 02-Zero_Hunger, 03-Good_Health_and_Well_Being, 08-Decent_Work_and_Economic_Growth, 09-Industry_Innovation_and_Infrastructure, 13-Climate_Action, 17-Partnerships_For_The_Goals